Saturday, September 13, 2008

When you used to tell me that you chase tornadoes, deep down I thought it was just a metaphor

Now that I live in the Midwest, I'm excited to report I had my first tornado experience yesterday. I was driving after finishing up an intermitably long meeting, and the DJ kept saying that there are tornado warnings. I wasn't too worried. But then he said that a tornado was spotted on the ground, and he started to sound a little nervous. So I got a little nervous. He kept saying which areas need to take cover - and of course I had no idea where they were! But I got to my friend's house, and hung out in the basement for a while, and everything was fine.

In other news, a shout out to Amelia Jane Cowart, who made her grand appearance in the world yesterday. Check her out here.

And I'm very excited to relate that I found a natural foods store that is fabulous! Absolute favorite shopping destination.

1 comment:

  1. hey, quick question... So, it's probably pretty terrible to use your roommate for her talents, but i was wondering if she'd be willing to help me with my logo. Kim drew a logo for me, and it's awesome, but i could use some help making it a computer graphic. Anyhow, if she's too busy or you don't feel comfortable asking i totally understand, she was just the first graphic designer i thought of.

    ReplyDelete