My newly acquired skill:
Laying hardwood floors.
Yes, I wish it was in my house. But I decided it would be better to go "help" a friend and learn how to do it.
I only thought that the help would be in quotation marks. Turns out I really was helpful.
1. The first two rows are the hardest. Don't get frustrated.
2. It requires three people. Minimum. Four are better.
3. Don't let a biologist lay out the boards. They like patterns.
4. A table saw is a necessary piece of equipment. So are a hammer, mallet, tapping block.
5. The number one most important piece of equipment: Kneepads.
My friend said her lesson was hit the tapping block, not your hand. Fortunately, I just didn't pick up the mallet or hammer.
4 years ago