Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Liar!" "Get back witch!" "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife, but after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that anymore!"

Remember me last year, looking so sad and pathetic?

Yeah. The cancer is back. So I'm doing treatments again.

I only bring this up, because there have been two funny stories. And I just can't resist sharing them.

First was the trip to the dermatologist. I called to schedule my 6 month checkup and they told me to come in the next day. Amazing. I used to have to wait 3 months.

I went in and the nurse made me put on the paper robe. That is super uncomfortable. I waited and waited and then the doctor came in and was checking me over. Which is also uncomfortable.

And then this song came on the radio:

Carla had posted this video the day before on her blog:

I was laying on the uncomfortable table, and just had to laugh.

Now with my treatment my face has a big scab right over my eyebrow. I decided that my story would be I walked into a door.

Friday was the first time I got to try out the story. A coworker passed me in the hall and said, "What did you do to your face?"

I just said, "I walked into a door."

She looked at me and said, "Did you really?" Now, let me explain the tone. Because so often we say that like "Seriously?" or "Wow, you are really silly" but she sounded like she genuinely didn't believe me.

I started chuckling and was about to admit that I did not in fact walk into a door. But before I could say anything she said, "You are just like these students. You should be careful."

(Secretly I started wondering later if she was making the assumption that I was drunk. But she knows I don't drink. Or at least I thought she did, but she was drinking at the time, so maybe she didn't notice.)

Today led to part two. I was talking with a guy at church, and he said, "Oh what did you do."

With much more polish I said, "I walked into a door."

He said, "Oh ow. Yeah, I used to tell people that when I got a really bad pimple. I was like, no, it's not a zit. I walked into a door."

I laughed and said, "So are you saying you don't believe me?"

He tried hard to cover up that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment