Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The man wrote the best books of his generation.

Time to take a look back at the best books of the year. See last year's list here.

So I'm looking at last year's list and thinking, "Wow, I read some really great books in 2011." And then I'm looking at this year's list and ... well... I'm less impressed. Perhaps this is because I have an absolute stand out favorite that I am already well aware of (since I've read it twice).

I feel like I need a drum-roll.

Best Fiction Book that I read in 2012

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


Best Non-Fiction Book that I read in 2012


Best Classic Literature that I read in 2012
Last year I had a much larger selection of classic literature because I was setting up my American Lit class. This year I had less, but my favorites were the Sherlock Holmes stories. 


And a list of all the books I read this year. The total number at the moment is 43, but I just finished one today, so it's really 44. 

Fiction
Cutting for Stone
The Weird Sisters
The Witches of East End
The Night Circus
The Art of Racing in the Rain
In the Bleak Midwinter
The Cubicle Next Door
Timeless
Elizabeth Street
Outlander
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Any Bitter Thing
Once a Witch
Always a Witch
A Brewing Storm
Anna Dressed in Blood
A Study in Scarlet
Dreaming of Mr. Darcy
The Sign of Four
Unaccustomed Earth
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
The Hundred Foot Journey
The Grapes of Wrath
Frozen Heat
A Bloody Storm
A Raging Storm
Seeing Things
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
Thirteen Moons
Gone Girl
The Masqueraders
The Grand Sophy
Life of Pi


Non-fiction
Same Kind of Different as Me
Driving Mr. Albert
Mao's Last Dancer
Getting Rid of It
The Money Class
The Woman Who Wasn't There
Beauty Gone Wild
Little Princes
Knockout

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes i feel like i've only read 44 books in my lifetime.

    Then people start mentioning books and I feel pretty proud that I've read many that people mention, but still, I'm pretty sure I've only read 15-20 this year. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete