Monday, September 29, 2014

You know, you have goals. You have dreams. I don't have a dream.

Since I was writing book reviews, I thought I might as well make a note about my goals. Hahaha... Ok, I've just been wondering if I'm doing anything with these goals, so this is really just a way to review what I said my goals actually are.


Goal 1: Deal with stress better.
Part 1: Yoga
I'm doing Yoga every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and at least once on the weekend. So I have been averaging 4 yoga sessions each week. I am really proud of that.

I also went to a yoga class on Friday night that is offered downtown. I really enjoyed having a different class and feeling a little challenged.




Part 2: Read The Power of Now


I finally finished it! Yay for a goal accomplished!

Read the full review here.


Part 3: The new implementation of taking time to breathe and notice what is going on around me.
My automatic response to this is "Nope."

But I have been meditating. I started small and was meditating for just 10 minutes each night. Now I've increased it and I am doing 15 minutes every night. I think meditating is a very good practice and I like it a lot.






Goal 2: Be more positive/have a positive outlook on life
Part 1: The Gratitude Jar
Since I moved, I have not been consistent with the gratitude jar. When school started, I wanted to restart the gratitude jar, so I did ok with it for about two weeks, and have once again slacked off. I am renewing the goal.


Part 2: Making time for things I love
Things I am doing lately that I have been loving:

I made this super soft bear for Junior:



While I've been working on that I've been rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.



And I've been rereading some of my favorite books:


And






Goal 3: Be kinder/negative self-talk
I don't know whether anything in here can be called progress or success. So I'll work on it again for another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment