Monday, July 19, 2010

Duh, it's like a totally famous quote!

I realized this past week that my life has become a reshowing of Clueless.Clueless

Scene 1:
I was driving out of my neighborhood, following a car that stopped at the stop sign. I stopped behind them. When they proceeded, I did too.

As I turned the corner, the responsible voice in my head said, "Yeah, you should have stopped."

To which the other voice responded, "I totally paused."


Scene 2:
In my Shakespeare class, we are working on Hamlet. One of the students was complaining about watching the Mel Gibson version and how it is not accurate to the text of the play. (Ok, and even though Mel Gibson has gone crazy, you really can't blame him. It would be a 4 hour play).

But naturally I just responded, "Well, I remember Mel Gibson correctly. And he didn't say that. That Polonius guy did."

Scene 3:
I was getting ready for church on Sunday, and realized that with the several meetings I had, I would need to know what time it is. I got out my gym bag and pulled out my watch. Then I looked at myself in the mirror.

"A watch doesn't really go with this outfit, Daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment