Wednesday, October 13, 2010

As if every thought that tumbles through your head was so clever it would be a crime for it not to be shared.


Have you been watching this?

GMA was having a special edition this morning. They kept showing these reunions, and I was almost crying on the treadmill.

Yay for Chile!

***
Last month I got summoned for jury duty. While waiting for the day to arrive, I had to shuffle my classes a little bit. After doing that, I had to call a hotline last night and find out if I had to report for duty or not.

I didn't have to go.

I found myself kind of disappointed by that. I think I was hoping for this:

***
I am working on rewriting one of the classes that I teach. Today I was searching for some articles to use in class, and flipping through a textbook I came across an article called "I Want a Wife" by Judy Someone or other.

The article gives a lot of examples of how a wife takes care of the husband, children, and household. The author comments several times that she wants a wife, because she needs to be taken care of.

When I was an undergrad, I worked one summer with a program that trained AP Biology teachers and got them certified. Being a peon, my job was to make sure all the little components were in place to make the program run smoothly. So I had to get the snacks together, make photocopies, and set up the labs that the teachers would do.

One day, I came in and the women who taught the program were running around a little crazy. I asked what was up, and they said they had forgotten to do something that they needed. I calmly said that I had done it.

The main teacher looked at me and said, "Will you marry me?"

It became one of the big jokes because she really wanted a wife.

After reading this article and remembering that experienced, I realized, I want a wife. It would be so nice to have someone take care of me.

***
Driving to and from work the past couple of days, I have seen a whole row of bikes with a sign that says For Sale by Owner. I keep thinking about calling and getting one.

And then I remember the day after I first rode a bike in Italy.

Maybe it's like if you give a mouse a cookie. If you buy a bike, you have to buy padded bike shorts.
Womens Padded Pro Bike Short

No comments:

Post a Comment