Wednesday, January 26, 2011

If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!

I feel like everything is breaking. As I'm writing this, I'm knocking on wood, hoping that I don't jinx myself into something more catastrophic.

Toilet Bowl Exhaust System

It all started when I returned to the middle. I did the house walk-through, making sure it was ok in my absence, and found water on the bathroom floor. I've checked and checked and tinkered and tested and it's not leaking now. Heather tells me the toilet was sulking. I have decided that it's the temperature difference.

Car headlight bulbs


The next day the headlight on my car burned out. In high school, my younger sister developed a theory that you need a boyfriend who can help you out with your various needs. And if it takes a different boyfriend to cover different areas, that is just fine. So her philosophy included a car boyfriend (able and willing to fix all car problems), a computer boyfriend, a cooking boyfriend (to cook you fancy meals), etc.

So I had discovered already, early in December, that I am completely incapable of changing my own headlight. I called my car boyfriend. He says that to change the headlights they expect you to have tiny hands and a gorilla grip. We've already talked about my hands, tiny yes, gorilla grip, no. But he was able to replace the lightbulb in less than five minutes.

Ralph Lauren RL6017 Plastic  Ladies Eyeglasses
This weekend my glasses broke. Yeah, I don't really wear them except for first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, but it's annoying when they are broken.

Yay for Lenscrafters and their fix-everything-no-questions-asked policy. The glasses are fixed. And even prettied up a bit.


simple and beautiful faucet and black sink for dynamic kitchen

Then my kitchen sink clogged and started leaking underneath.

With my dad's coaching, I was able to stop the leak for a night. The next day I tried to use it again. The same thing happened, so I called a plumber. The kitchen sink is fixed!

Phew!

This started as a little bit of a whine. But everything is fixed and I'm grateful for people around me who will fix stuff for me.

3 comments:

  1. Dude... you had to call a real live plumber?! Dang... where is the plumber boyfriend when you need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it when it rains it pours? I hope everything else stays fixed for you. Oh and I never had boyfriends that were of much use, so I always ended up fixing things myself.

    ReplyDelete