Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Catherine, I have students in my office now.

I started a new class for the second half of the semester, and as I was driving home last night, I realized that I was composing the story in my head and figuring out how I would tell you about it.

And then it hit me.

I probably shouldn't.

So I tried to tell my officemate about it today. She didn't listen carefully and attentively without interrupting, so my story lost some of its flair.

So let's just say, I had a student who tried to challenge me. I gave a perfectly reasonable response. She tried again, and the response that came to mind was, "Because I'm not being graded."

I managed to not actually say that to her. However in class today I had a student ask a question about the topic for the paper (not challenging, just asking), and what came tumbling out of my mouth was, "Because I said so."

You win some, you lose some?

1 comment: