Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Don't flatter yourself. It's just a space toilet.

My mom said a couple of weeks ago that I don't blog anymore. I guess there are all sorts of excuses for that, but the real reasons are there are things that I shouldn't talk about and things that I don't want to talk about. And that's most of my life.

So the short summary:
My students are normal -- hilarious and entertaining in some moments, frustrating in others.
Fred is still with me. There are a lot of ups and downs for us.

And for a real story:
I fixed my toilet.


I had a fill valve that looked like this one. And then water started spraying straight up out of it. So I did my research and discovered that the way to fix it was to remove the entire thing and replace it.

I went to Ace Hardware, hoping that someone who knew a little something could help me pick the right replacement.

He sold me one that looks like this:
Toilet Water Tank Fill Valve FTJ

I got it home, read the instructions, and started in on the first step of removing the old one.

Pulled it out and thought I had broken the whole toilet. Scary moment.

Then I put the new one in. It worked for like a second. And then, no matter what I did, it wouldn't work anymore.

I complained and griped and worried and worried. Then I asked my handy fix it friend (yes, the same one I've referred to previously as my car boyfriend) to come help.

He walked in. Looked at it. Asked one question. Then said, "Oh I see. The tube is pinched."

He made two tiny adjustments, and it was fixed.

Whatever.

I'm claiming this victory. I fixed the toilet! It was all me. I am now a handy and intelligent homeowner.

No comments:

Post a Comment