Thursday, January 2, 2014

These are supplies for the crafts table. I finally figured out what we're gonna be making.

It has been forever since I've done a post about something that isn't books! And actually, every once in a while, I do manage to do something other than read. (Please read that as the light-hearted sarcasm that I intended).

To prove this, I'm going to show off my craftiness.

In August, my sister had a baby boy. To celebrate the arrival of my new nephew, I made him a hat. Carla loves gnomes, so I made her a gnome hat for baby Tucker to wear.

Displaying image.jpeg

Cutest gnome ever, right?


Then, big sister Zoey got jealous. She wanted to wear the gnome hat. So she did.

Displaying image.jpeg

But her head is a little larger. Or a lot larger.

So I made her her very own gnome hat. I gave it to her at the airport, and she immediately put it on and pronounced it, "So cute!"

New picture. Zoey doesn't hold still for very long, so catching a cute shot is a little hard. I possibly could have kept the hat a little larger. Maybe next time.





And then, because those were such successes I decided to make my youngest sister Kim a hat for Christmas as well. Initially, I thought this wound up too big, but it looks fabulous on her. Or as Zoey would say, "So cute!"

Displaying IMG_20131230_120548.jpg

Displaying IMG_20131230_120538.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment