Thursday, February 19, 2009

You love me! You really love me!

I never did the 25 things on Facebook. Although maybe I should have, because now, even major news sources are doing 25 random things. (I'm starting to think we should boycott Facebook, it's becoming far too mainstream). This one, though, is an award, not just a demand for information.... Maybe I'll remember something interesting.



Here's the scoop...
1.Choose a minimum of 7 blogs and show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap", the nifty icon they can display proudly on their blog.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

here's my honest scrap:
1. I took a karate class when I was in college, and actually did learn 7 ways to kill a guy with my bare hands.
2. I hated to write in high school. And for most of college. Now I teach writing to students who hate it. It's a unique perspective, but the surprising part is they are surprised when I say I used to hate writing.
3. I never exercised until 4 years ago. Now I try to get everyone to join a gym.
4. My idea of a perfect Friday is to go home from work, get Thai food and ice cream which I then get to eat while watching the latest episode of The Office followed by a redbox movie. Perfect Fridays used to be better when I got to do all that with Becky.
5. I was telling a friend the other day that I am disproportionately sized, which makes it really hard to find clothes. After that conversation I realized it has been 3 years since I bought a pair of pants. (Is that abnormal?)
6. When I was little, I ran into my brother's head and knocked out my front tooth. I didn't have a front tooth for 3-4 years.
7. I lived in Italy, and I think catholic cathedrals are amazing.
8. When I tell people that I lived in Italy, they are always amazed. And then when they ask what part I always tell them, Como - which is where George Clooney has his villa, Torino - where the olympics were, Bergamo, and Verona - like Romeo+Juliet Verona.
9. When I was little, I told my dad I wanted to be a dentist when I grew up. He was really disappointed that I didn't actually do that.
10. I had my first job interview on my 16th birthday, even before I went and got my driver's license.

Blogs I tagged to get this award:
#1 Becky
#2 Eden
#3 Mandi
#4 Jamie
#5 Courtney
#6 Carla
#7 Heather
#8 Kim

And what I learned from this experience: I don't read enough personal blogs, because I had to repeat all the tags that Heather did.

No comments:

Post a Comment