Sunday, October 4, 2009

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Pigs

It is Sunday again, and I feel like I should post an update. But I have just spent 5 minutes staring at a blank screen, wondering why I can't think of anything to write. And the truth has just hit me. I don't have anything to write because I spent the last week sick with the swine flu.

Here's how life went.

Saturday evening I thought I had just poisoned myself with spray paint. (Yes I'm spray painting again. When I get around to finishing, I'll post a picture).

On Sunday I was really sick. I stayed in bed all day.

On Monday I went to the doctor. Honestly I was expecting a little bit of panic. You know, for the nurses to force me to wear a mask as soon as I walked in the door. To be in isolation. Something.

No. Absolutely none of that. The little intern who took my blood pressure and everything didn't even bother wearing gloves when she took my temperature.

But the trip was a success because they gave me Tamiflu. And I headed straight to CVS.

When I asked for Tamiflu, I expected some panic. There was a slight flutter, but not because they were worried about a pandemic -- they were simply worried about running out of medicine. But they assured me they had my dose. So I got that and some Theraflu (ew).

I spent the rest of the day on the couch. And all of Tuesday and Wednesday on the couch. Seriously, yay for having a couch. And cable -- since I was too sick to be driving to the redbox.

Thursday I felt better and went to work. No panic anywhere until I got to work. One of my coworkers was Lysoling (yes, I just made that a verb) her entire office and all of the classrooms she teaches in. She has decided we need a campaign, because no one is cleaning properly. No panic from my students though, they just asked how I was doing and what I had. That's not typical, so it was nice of them. I had to come home at 2 pm and take a nap so that I could go back for my evening class.

On Saturday I finally felt good. Yay for being over the swine flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment