Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grandma, I can't believe you found the recipe for Beefaroni.

My grandma came to visit me a couple of weekends ago. It was really fun to just hang out with her.

Of course, I took pictures with her camera, and didn't take any with mine. So I can't even share a picture with you.

After we spent a couple of days together, my grandma said that I was so easy to get along with. All I do is say "Okay." And go and do whatever she wanted. I thought to myself, "well, of course I say okay. What am I going to do? Argue with my grandma?"

But she sure chuckled every time I said okay.

On her final day, we sat down to a lunch I had made before we had to leave to catch her plane. When she had arrived, I told her I have a lot of food restrictions, but I had gotten her some food, and it wasn't anything to worry about.

Honestly, I told her the simple version of my food restrictions. Her response was "Well, what's left?!" -- a pretty typical response.

But during lunch, she kept saying, "Oh this tastes good." And finally she told me, "I was really worried about you when you told me all the things you can't eat. But I guess you eat pretty well."

I said, "Great. Can you tell my parents that?"

And then she followed it up with, "But when you can, I think you will be much more healthy if you eat meat and milk and eggs."

"...... Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment