Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Book? It's called the internet, grandma.

More book reviews!

Classics

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I'll come clean. I had never read Wuthering Heights before. I've read tons of classics, but you can't read them all, and this is one of the ones that I had missed.

Now that I've read it, I really don't feel like I was missing out on anything at all.

This is a dark novel. It is hard to be immersed in that for as long as it takes to read this extremely long novel. And I found that I hated all of the characters. Every single one of them. At book club, one of the ladies asked, wait, but what about Cathy? What about Hareton? Nope, I'm serious, I hated them all. And that makes it very difficult to see anything redeeming about the novel.

I don't recommend this.


Macbeth by William Shakespeare
I love Macbeth. This was a good re-read.

I recommend it.



***
Look forward to these reviews next time!

Non-fiction
Shadows at Dawn by Karl Jacoby
Quiet by Susan Cain
Tracks by Robyn Davidson
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
Everything Changes by Kairol Rosenthal
Anticancer by David Servan-Schreiber

Memoir
I am Malala by Malala Yousafazai
Two or Three Things I know for Sure by Dorothy Allison

Spirituality
How to Expand Love by the Dalai Lama
Comfortable with Uncertainty by Pema Chodron
No Time to Lose by Pema Chodron

Audiobook
The Eight by Katherine Neville
Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
The Song of the Lioness Series (Numbers 1-4) by Tamora Pierce
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Emily of New Moon by LM Montgomery
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Winnie the Pooh and the House at Pooh Corner by AA Milne
The Look of Love by Sarah Jio
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment