Saturday, May 23, 2015

You've been reading my psychology books again.

How many books did I say I read again?


Spirituality

How to Expand Love by the Dalai Lama
I didn't finish this one. All respect for the Dalai Lama, I didn't get through it before it was due back at the library.


Comfortable with Uncertainty by Pema Chodron
Chodron sets this up as a series of 108 lessons. They are short and quick to read. She has a great style and tells stories about her life (now and pre-Buddhist) and connects each idea to something concrete that we all experience. She also gives good instructions on how to meditate.

I recommend it.


No Time to Lose by Pema Chodron
This is set up differently than most of Chodron's books. In this one she takes one of the ancient Buddhist texts and breaks it down stanza by stanza to explain the meaning of it and how to apply it.

Confession: I got through 2/3 of this book. And I was just struggling to get through it, so I decided to call it and move on to other things.

I can't really recommend it because I didn't get through it all.


***
Last section coming up!

Audiobook
The Eight by Katherine Neville
Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
The Song of the Lioness Series (Numbers 1-4) by Tamora Pierce
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Emily of New Moon by LM Montgomery
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Winnie the Pooh and the House at Pooh Corner by AA Milne
The Look of Love by Sarah Jio
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment