Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby it's cold outside.

Today I learned that my car is just as Southern as I am.

When I got up this morning, it was a frigid 2 degrees. That is not a typo. Literally 2 degrees. The kind of 2 degrees where you walk outside and any exposed limb immediately feels serious pain. The kind of 2 degrees where 2 pairs of gloves, layered over one another, don't keep your fingers from being frozen within 4 minutes.

And my poor car was suffering.

I started it this morning, and it groaned. Then moaned. Then started.

I said, "I know, it's too cold to go anywhere." But I went anyway.

This afternoon it got up to a comparatively balmy 9 degrees. (At least my nostrils didn't freeze the moment I took a breath).

And my poor car still moaned.

"I know, but we have errands to run."

It started. And my car ran just fine. But I'm a little worried about the toll this harsh winter is going to taken on us Southerners.

No comments:

Post a Comment