Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's Santa! I know him.

I have a couple funny first week of school stories, but I feel like I can't tell you about them until I write about Christmas and being at home. So this is my Christmas post.

It was great. All my siblings were home for a while and it was really nice to just relax and hang out. I read a bunch of books and we watched bunches of movies. The fun new game was Bananas - basically a variation on Scrabble, but we even got in a round of Risk.

Heather kept trying to recreate a scene from House by telling me that my hands were orange. I finally admitted that they looked a little weird, and she said, "Your wife is cheating on you!" On House there was an orange man who came into the clinic with a sore throat (or something). House's diagnosis was that his wife was cheating because she either 1. didn't care that the man was orange or 2. didn't notice.

I have decided that my orange hands were caused by the delicious North Carolina sweet potatoes. We went to the farmer's market and Mom bought a case of sweet potatoes. I was eating them with everything, and apparently all that beta carotene will make a difference.

I'm sure you will be happy to know they are back to normal now.

UPDATE:
So I was telling my friend Julianne about Heather saying I was orange. And she was like, yeah, you are. And I was like What?! Still? And you didn't TELL me? I thought I looked better.

We thought up a code so she can tell me tomorrow whether I am still orange or not.

But then she totally surprised me by asking, "Don't you remember Melia telling you you look yellow and asking if you were eating a lot of squash?"

Actually, despite my good memory, I absolutely do not have any recollection of the sort. And so I was like, "Wait, was I actually listening to Melia at that point?"

No comments:

Post a Comment