Monday, March 1, 2010

Finishing that 5K was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I ate more fettuccini alfredo, and drank less water than I have in my entire life.

Finished!

Phew.

The Olympics officially ended last night with the closing ceremonies. Was anyone else totally bored? I thought the music was bad in the opening ceremonies, but this was way worse. Fortunately Heather called me after I watched about an hour, so then I shut it off. According to the radio this morning, all I missed were dancing beavers.

Fortunately, I used a little Olympic viewing time on Friday and a little of the closing ceremonies and I finished my afghan.



I have to say, I am so glad I picked a 5 1/2 hour project. Because it took way longer than that. If it had actually been labeled a 10 hour project I never would have finished during the Olympics. But thanks Liz, I never would have done a new blanket without the challenge.

Also finished: The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Help

It is so good. If you haven't heard of it, it tells the stories of black maids in Mississippi in the 1960s. I highly recommend it. It was a great story, really well-written, and the kind of story that I was really sad when it ended because I felt like the characters were my friends. And my mom and Heather do too.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for finishing your project! I didn't finish mine, I don't see it as a failure as much as I see it as an incomplete. I think of myself as one of those totally awesome skiiers who wrecked and broke a limb. Yeah I am the Lindsay Vonn of knitting.
    I want to read that book too.

    ReplyDelete