Saturday, March 20, 2010

Florals? For spring? Ground breaking.

Welcome to Spring:
I feel like there should be a happy spring song, that just defies the 4 inches of snow on my patio. Oh well. I had a happy project Saturday to show my defiance of the snow. And bring on spring.

These are my seeds. I planted tomatoes, lettuce, parsley, basil, and flowers yesterday. I will report back and let you know how they grow.

Maybe at some point, Missouri will have some sunshine and they will be able to grow.


I went to a community ed class. It was called bookbinding, but the project was to make little journals in the style of the Moleskin notebooks.

It was a big project that took quite a long time. It wasn't all that labor intensive, but we were in the instructor's basement, which was really his garage, so it was even colder than a normal basement. At the end of 4 hours, I was frozen solid and thought I would never be able to feel my feet again.

There was one older man in the class and we got about halfway through, and he just kept sighing, "Ohh, OK." That made the instructor worry about him, and the old man was just like, "No, but this is a lot of work, and suddenly those moleskin journals are looking pretty good for $20."

But look, my journal is super cute.
Posted by Picasa

And to finish off the happy project-ness, I tried the dessert class cake again. If you would like the whole discussion of cake, head over to my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment