Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I want, I want, I want, me, me, me, mine, mine, mine, now, now, now

It's been a horribly long week. Yes, it is only Wednesday. How does this happen?

I feel the need to rant. I would like to just rant and rave and wave my arms around (in my typical, exuberant fashion), but I'll try to tone it down.

Why can't people just say what they want? Why can't they just tell you what they want you to do? Why do they have to couch everything in these passive aggressive terms so that you don't know what they want? Doesn't anyone realize that this just frustrates all parties involved?! I'm annoyed, because I know that you want something from me, but I don't know what, and you are frustrated because you are not getting what you want. That's what Michael Scott likes to call a lose-lose-lose situation.

Ok, I'll explain. My roommate (of an entire month and a half) decided to move to Utah. She decided this way before I moved in. She has tickets to General Conference (jealous) and decided that she would leave on October 1. She decided this months ago.

She finally started packing on Saturday. And by started I mean she took the pictures off the walls, and decided that she should organize her DVDs. I don't think anything was actually put into a box. I prefer to do things myself, so I just left her alone.

Last night she asked me to box up some dishes. So I did. Then I went to bed. I got up this morning, and offered to carry some boxes down to her car (she has a bad back, and I was attempting to be kind). She said she still needed to take a load of things to Goodwill, so we talked for a minute about what time they would be open, and then she was like well, I guess, nevermind. So I went running. I came back and she was reading. So I had a shower and got ready and left for work.

But I feel like the whole time she was expecting me to start carrying her stuff to the car. But (besides the fact that I am really not kind, despite any meager attempts) I felt the whole time like she had said no and still wasn't ready to go, so I wasn't going to hang around.

And I am horrible and mean, but I hope that by the time I get home tonight, she's gone.

But really, all this just brings me back to why can't we just say what we want? When did it become wrong to say what we want?

No comments:

Post a Comment