Monday, October 13, 2008

That is not spoken correctically. It goes: How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail.

Tonight gave me a glimpse of how nice it would be to handpick my classes. I realize that probably sounds terrible. But you already know I am terrible. And it is not that I don't like my students or that I don't care about them. But certain combinations just don't work together.

And tonight, all the right combinations weren't there.

Most of my students like to blame lack of attendance on the weather. It is raining. Horizontally. And it's a little chilly - but the news reported on Utah's snow, so it's probably downright balmy. I'm more likely to blame lack of attendance on the fact that there isn't any school tomorrow, or on the fact that a paper wasn't due today. But however the planets align, the majority of my "rowdy boys" were not in class tonight. And it went so smoothly.

Students participated without complaining. They wrote and shared their writing. They responded to questions. They took notes!

It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment