Thursday, November 13, 2008

Excuse me, do you have any candy corn?

If a picture's worth a thousand words, then I better start writing fast, because I didn't have my camera with me.

Tonight I have my night classes. My early one is one of my favorites, the students are active and funny, although they can get a little rambunctious (secretly, I really wanted that to be spelled with a k).

So tonight, we were writing a little bit, and one of the students finished so he got up and walked out. (This does not bother me. I don't want 20 year olds asking me if they can go to the bathroom). He --let's call him Jacob-- came back in with a bag of candy corn. I was observing my class, and so I watched him open it. He offered me some, and I declined. But then I said, "There's still candy corn in the vending machine?" And he said, "Yeah, and jelly beans."

He turned to the kid beside him --we'll call him Joseph (wow, picking fake names is harder than I thought, because I keep rejecting different names because they just don't fit personality-wise)-- and gave Joseph a handful of candy corn. Joseph takes them, turns away, then turns back with 2 candy corn stuck over his teeth to make little vampire teeth.

It was hilarious. Not original. But they are just so goofy that it was really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment