Friday, November 28, 2008

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

I was so excited last week because I drove home a different way and passed a movie theater. In passing, I glanced at the sign (of course) and noticed that The Dark Knight and Wall-e were playing. I thought that was odd, so when I got home I googled it and it is a $2.00 theater! Yay! Civilization!

So today, I decided to go to see The Dark Knight. Apparently I had a pretty crappy summer, and didn't see any summer movies. I walked into the movie theater and bought my ticket. I was the only person there, but it was 1:00 on the day after Thanksgiving, I just figured most people went to the real movies. There were only two people working and so they just handed me my ticket without telling me which theater the movie was showing in. I walked down the long hallway and found The Dark Knight in the last theater (there are only 6). I walked in and it was like 80 degrees! I was so hot in there. I picked my seat and sat down, and the seat flipped clear back so I was almost laying down.

I just started cracking up. But then I moved to the next seat, and it wasn't nearly as bad. I got all settled, and a couple other people came in and the movie started.

But then the movie started flickering really weirdly. One of the other people got up and told the manager, and then the manager came in a hollered "Just give me five minutes to change the lightbulb on the projector." Everyone was really patient. But there was a little kid and his dad sitting behind me. The little kid started asking his dad all these questions about the movie. Clearly the kid was too young to be there, because he didn't understand the movie at all. Then the kid finally said, "And it takes 10 minutes to change a lightbulb?!"

"How many movie theater managers does it take to change a lightbulb?"

No comments:

Post a Comment